Thursday, December 9, 2010

False Advertising

So, I stopped off at Taco Bell the other night, on my way home from work. Long night, just didn't feel like cooking when I got home, and I wanted to try the new XXL Chalupa. Looked tasty in the commercials, and on the big sign on the store front and on the menu. Then I got my order, opened the box. Shell was all droopy, meat was about a third of what was in the picture, lettuce and such were almost absent.

Most of you will read this and just think, "Yeah, that's how that works, the picture's never like the actual item." We've grown complacent, fine with restaurants showing us a picture of something, and then taking our money and giving something far, far short of it. Not only fast food, but even many of the sit-down restaurants. And I may be alone in this, but when I go someplace to eat, my decision is influenced by not only the description but by the picture. I say it's time that this stopped, and I hope that you all will join me. Next time I go someplace to eat, and the food served falls that very far short of the picture, I will be taking it back to the counter, asking for my money back, and telling them exactly why. I will then send an E-mail to their corporate contact, telling them about. Maybe if enough of us do this, and they start losing the money, things might change.

2 comments:

  1. I think it will generate coupons for free food to placate you and retain your business rather than generate any actual change, but by all means complain. Free food is better than paying for crappy food any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. But, hopefully if enough other people start doing the same... :)

    ReplyDelete